Here to help you!
- Jul 10, 2019
Rules & Regulations
Section 1 - Community Standards
To unlock access to Arma 3 Fishers Life's communication platforms and participate in server activity users must have unrestricted access to a legal copy of Arma III alongside a functioning microphone. Users must be mature and possess the ability to understand and agree to all community rules and regulations. Throughout all of Arma 3 Fishers Life's platforms, the use of racist, homophobic, sexist, prejudiced or disrespectful content is prohibited. Staff disrespect is not tolerated and will be punished.
Access to Arma 3 Fishers Life's server requires users to submit a Civilian Application and adhere to the requirements declared throughout that process. You may only speak English throughout all of Arma 3 Fishers Life's platforms. We encourage all players to record or live stream game-play to minimize conflict and increase support response times in the event a situation arises.
Any actions deemed harmful to role-play situations or the community may fall under this rule. This is for gray areas and is up to the Executive Team Supervisor/Chief dealing with the situation to say if this rule has been broken or not. Arma 3 Fishers Life's leadership team reserves the right to restrict server access. By creating a forum account you agree to Arma 3 Fishers Life's Terms of Service.
Section 2 - TeamSpeak
- Do not spam other users.
- Voice changers and playing sounds are permitted in the Task Force Radio channel if they are beneficial to role-play.
- Do not act out, share pornographic or inappropriate content.
- Your TeamSpeak name must match your forum name.
- The recording is permitted in any channel for report purposes, but may not be released publicly.
- You must remain in the TaskForceRadio channel when on our server at all times.
- All forms of glitching, hacking, and exploiting are prohibited and can result in permanent suspension.
- Plants grown on the inside of the greenhouses are not visible, to the outside, unless you can see them through the open door.
- 'Breaking out' of handcuffs is prohibited.
- Meta-gaming - an “out of character” action where a player’s character makes use of out-of-game knowledge - is prohibited.
- Individuals wearing a mask - which covers the entirety of your facial features - cannot be identified by name or sound unless they give you their name or a valid form of identification is taken from their pocket by law enforcement.
- Asset Gaming - To perform an action such as restraining a player you must have a relevant physical asset (e.g. handcuffs or zip-ties).
- You are not allowed to wait at an ATM to force a player to withdraw money from his/her bank account.
- You are not allowed to resuscitate a player for the sole purpose of executing or robbing him/her.
- You are not allowed to rob a member of the Department of Justice to obtain licenses.
- Combat-logging - logging out or abusing game mechanics to avoid roleplay situations - is prohibited.
- Users must remain on the server for fifteen (15) minutes after completing a roleplay situation.
- Random death-matching - the murder of individuals for no reason - is prohibited.
- Vehicular death-matching is permitted in the instance of a role-play situation, however, you may not chase someone down, and run them over, with your vehicle.
- Purposefully colliding with another object using an aircraft in order to cause damage or harm. Purposefully colliding with another car without reason in order to cause damage or harm (Includes intentional de-sync ramming).
- New Life Rule - You cannot return to the location where you died within ten (10) minutes of respawning at the clinic. If you were involved in a situation and it is still ongoing, even if it has changed location, you may not involve yourself.
- We aim to foster an advanced role-play environment where each action is meticulously executed.
- Disturbing/Baiting other players for no reason is considered trolling and is not permitted.
- This includes initiating a store/bank robbery just to activate the alarm and alert LEOs with the intention of just getting in a gunfight with them.
- Every action must have an underlying reason.
- Do not crawl through locked doors or interact with assets to create an abnormal situation.
- You must remain in character at all times when on the server.
- You must value the importance of your life (EG If I have you at gunpoint, do as I say).
- Do not act unrealistically, if you wouldn't do it in real life don't do it on our server! (EG use of the phone while restrained).
- You may not dump your vehicle into the water for any unrealistic reason, including in an attempt to escape an LEO. This is considered illogical and Fail-Roleplay.
- Disturbing/Baiting other players for no reason is considered trolling and is not permitted.
- Excessive criminal activity or behavior deemed harmful to our server is not permitted, each crime must have an underlying reason.
- Role-play initiation must occur prior to any aggressive action being taken. All initiation must be verbal and within role-play. Initiation must be done on normal or louder speaking volume. If during the course of the role-play situation you are fired at by the opposition you are considered initiated into the situation and don't need to proceed verbally.
- You may not commit any crime within ten (10) minutes before or after a server restart.
- When tazed, bean bagged, or restrained by a law enforcement faction you must follow all verbal orders of the officer. You may not run or attempt to escape from an officer once you have been tazed or restrained; until an officer verbally releases you, you have been jailed, or after all law enforcement officers have left your role-play situation. Exceptions can be made where law enforcement officers no longer have authority over a situation. For example, your friends hold the officers at gunpoint and rescue you.
- You must wait 10 minutes to return to the active shooting situation after receiving treatment from FIFR or the FIFR NPC located at the clinics.
- You cannot attempt CPR on any individuals in an ongoing situation unless that situation has ended. (Exception: the person's body is in a safe area away from the active situation)
- CPR cannot be performed on a suspect that has been involved in an RP Situation with an LEO faction that will cause him/ her to face jail time and the situation is declared code 4.
- If FIFR is unavailable, FIMS is allowed to perform CPR on prisoners incarcerated within the Department of Corrections unless that person has been downed by another individual.
- You may not kill an individual you have held up for any reason if they comply with all of your demands (demands must be reasonable within RP). Executions are still permitted but you must have a premeditated reason to carry out an execution.
- No crime zones are also referred to as green zones, The green zones areas are as follows;
- Elk FISD Training Grounds
- FIFR Training Grounds
- No initiation zones are areas where players are NOT allowed to initiate on other players, but may still commit crimes in that area. LEO’s are exempt from this rule if it’s in response to a crime. The no initiation zones are as follows;
- All faction headquarters(With the exemption of Elk Training Grounds)
- Thirty (30) feet around all interact-able objects that block the vision of your screen, Faction sign-on NPCs are included in this regulation with the 30 feet radius in mind. The Prison, player-owned homes, and the wheel menu are exempt from this regulation.
- The Banks(exempt once the drill has been started)
- In the event, a role-play situation is initiated outside one of these zones, and a player flees to a "green zone area" or a “no initiation zone”, the zone becomes void for all parties involved in the situation until the situation is resolved.
- You cannot interrupt a traffic stop unless that traffic stop progresses into an arrest. A player is under arrest upon being placed in handcuffs or placed in a police officer's vehicle and read their Miranda rights.
- You may not take violent action on LEOs in a traffic stop if the traffic stop would not lead to your arrest. You MUST roleplay out the traffic stop and try to roleplay out of the situation.
- Interacting with a vehicle within ten (10) seconds of the driver exiting or it being unlocked without the operator's explicit permission is prohibited.
- If the server restarts whilst you are detained or restrained, you have to go back to the police department after the restart unless told otherwise by your arresting officer.
- Individuals are permitted to sell, distribute, utilize, or possess faction equipment for personal use or gain, with the exception of faction issued medical supplies, FIFR uniforms, faction radios, handcuffs, NVGs, vehicle disabling rifle (LRR) including the scope, and faction vehicles which are not allowed to be used by civilians. You may not sell faction vehicles that you obtained while in a faction unless you are selling to another faction member. (If in Faction, refer to Faction Regulations)
- Users are not allowed to disrupt Fire & Rescue, However, if they are given a verbal warning that their actions will have consequences and they meet the following criteria, you may take action against them.
1. If a FIFR Member Verbally or physically initiates or attacks you.
2. If you are in a shootout and FIFR is attempting to revive someone, you are able to threaten FIFR to cease medical attention on the rival party ***AS LONG AS YOU WERE APART OF THAT SITUATION**
- If you are revived by Fire & Rescue, you are to remain in their custody and follow their instructions
- You are not permitted to utilize FIFR vehicles (fire trucks, ambulances, etc.), Fire Rescue aircraft, and the Coast Guard Cutter without permission from a member of faction command.
- You are allowed to rob Law Enforcement Officers of their uniforms and firearms. You are also allowed to make them drop their radio but are not allowed to utilize it.
- Any person evading in the water from an LEO for 10 minutes must return back to shore if they are within five(5) ft, near proximity, or arm's length, of the LEO.
- LEO Hostage situations, LEO kidnappings, and LEO robbing may only be performed when there are at least three (3) members of that faction, including cadets on the server. (IE: If you want to kidnap a CG member, there must be 3 CG awake). This includes DOJ. (3 Marshals must be online to carry out any of these actions on a DOJ member). This rule also applies to hits (there must be 3 members of the respective faction to complete a hit).
- Negotiations must be attempted before any lethal action can be taken. Maximum $25,000 per hostage.
- Fortressing - locking yourself or others in a confined space - is not permitted. You must have a minimum of one entrance and exit to the space, which does not impede any party when engaged in a role-play situation.
- New players will have a temporary driver's license for five days from when they first join.
- You are not allowed to pull fire alarms for no legitimate RP reason or to just troll.
- Individuals may not involve themselves in an ongoing situation. You or your gang must be involved from the beginning to take part in any situation.
- Fake hostages are not permitted. A fake hostage is someone who voluntarily lets themselves be taken hostage.
- It is not permitted to escape via water with less than 3 Coast Guard members awake.
Section 5 - Faction Regulations
- Prior to altering existing or implementing new legislation, the Department of Justice must provide at least two (2) days' notice to all citizens of Fisher's Island.
- Faction members are permitted to be corrupt under the following stipulations.
1. Faction command must not be corrupt.
2. FIFR members who are off-duty and not command (LT+), are permitted to be corrupt.
3. JAG Lead and DTU Personnel must not be corrupt.
5. Reserves must not be corrupt in any faction.
6. Faction members may not commit any premeditated killings
- Faction members are not allowed to use faction shops to distribute and/or sell to other members or stockpile for their personal use.
You are, however, allowed to sell uniforms, vests, and headgear with the exception of FIFR.
- Law Enforcement Officers must value the lives of the hostages. This rule is null and void if a hostage dies, is in immediate danger, or if the hostage-takers try to escape with the hostage.
- Faction members are prohibited from utilizing/wearing night-vision equipment unless they are flying helicopters, or operating on the cutter.
Section 6 - Gang Regulations
- A gang is defined as a group of at least 2 people who are operating together to pursue criminal actions.
- Official gangs are approved gangs (See Official Gang Status for more information)
- All gangs must:
- Be wearing a clearly identifiable and similar uniform when operating as a gang
- Value the life of their gang members, must attempt negotiations if a member is taken hostage
- Only official gangs are allowed to:
- Operate as a group of 5 or more people
- Call reinforcement (limited to members of their gang)
Last edited by a moderator: