Implemented Bobby Axel - Suggestion - Weapon - Remove Class 2/3s

Would you like this suggestion added?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brady Freeman

A3FL
Whitelisted
Jan 12, 2020
@Luke Angel starting off we try to avoid factions at all cost however somewhere along the line the Sheriffs Department finds a way to involve themselves and not even attempt to roleplay situations out, for example do a bank robbery and instead roleplay as an armored truck that's transporting the money to another bank that actually needs money yet when SD rolled up they said that's not possible (aka not a feature on the server) even after we made documents saying we could all in the name of roleplay yet SD always wants to win any situation they get in. Next I highly doubt you played when it was only pistols but pistols had two different mag sizes 16 round mags (legal) and 30 round mags (illegal) and back then role play was better and left a lot less people mad at each other because all I see now is SD bait people into gunfights with class 2/3 then lose the gunfight and after get salty and mass report people because again in most of the people in that factions mind is that SD has to win 100 percent of the time which leads in retaliatory reports yet criminals hardly report yall when yall consistently Fail RP/Failure to value life yet there has been never been a successful gang on A3FL because they are consistently being disbanded by the Chiefs Commission or the Sheriffs Department getting mad, do you ever stop and think the gang isn't the problem. I've been apart of this community (A3PL/A3FL) for over 6 years (yes 2015/2016) there were so many amazing gangs i.e. Freeman Family, The Janitors, The Kings, Santorelli Family and the list goes on and on! Some of those same people who ran those families over on A3PL (where RP was an actual thing) came to A3FL but have since left due to faction members being salty about losing a single gunfight and then last night an SD member got tased then shot the criminals and after winning a lethal vs non-lethal fight continues to shit talk somebody dead and even says "Their gang is gonna have to get disbanded again" yet the axels were never disbanded in the first place. When SD wins a gunfight its crazy no reports are put in whatsoever and then shit talk the people they are arresting however when SD loses a single gunfight they then find a way to win in the end i.e. report the people they lost to. these are very credible arguments to bring up but most people wont due to preferential treatment from the chiefs however I currently don't care I've done enough for this community and I hate to see it dying due to both factions and retaliatory reports. Obviously we aren't completely innocent we all do things wrong sometimes but the rules arent here for ruleplay over roleplay and its gonna take everyone to come together to change it into roleplay over ruleplay but until that happens this place will continue on its slow decline into death which I hate to see because I love this place just realize criminals arent just the problem everyone is at fault here.
(Not all of SD is like this but majority is I can only think of two people who don't do this and they are both faction command leads within SD)

Last edited:

Luke Angel

A3FL
Sheriff's Department
Whitelisted
Mar 10, 2020
@Luke Angel starting off we try to avoid factions at all cost however somewhere along the line the Sheriffs Department finds a way to involve themselves and not even attempt to roleplay situations out, for example do a bank robbery and instead roleplay as an armored truck that's transporting the money to another bank that actually needs money yet when SD rolled up they said that's not possible (aka not a feature on the server) even after we made documents saying we could all in the name of roleplay yet SD always wants to win any situation they get in. Next I highly doubt you played when it was only pistols but pistols had two different mag sizes 16 round mags (legal) and 30 round mags (illegal) and back then role play was better and left a lot less people mad at each other because all I see now is SD bait people into gunfights with class 2/3 then lose the gunfight and after get salty and mass report people because again in most of the people in that factions mind is that SD has to win 100 percent of the time which leads in retaliatory reports yet criminals hardly report yall when yall consistently Fail RP/Failure to value life yet there has been never been a successful gang on A3FL because they are consistently being disbanded by the Chiefs Commission or the Sheriffs Department getting mad, do you ever stop and think the gang isn't the problem. I've been apart of this community (A3PL/A3FL) for over 6 years (yes 2015/2016) there were so many amazing gangs i.e. Freeman Family, The Janitors, The Kings, Santorelli Family and the list goes on and on! Some of those same people who ran those families over on A3PL (where RP was an actual thing) came to A3FL but have since left due to faction members being salty about losing a single gunfight and then last night an SD member got tased then shot the criminals and after winning a lethal vs non-lethal fight continues to shit talk somebody dead and even says "Their gang is gonna have to get disbanded again" yet the axels were never disbanded in the first place. When SD wins a gunfight its crazy no reports are put in whatsoever and then shit talk the people they are arresting however when SD loses a single gunfight they then find a way to win in the end i.e. report the people they lost to. these are very credible arguments to bring up but most people wont due to preferential treatment from the chiefs however I currently don't care I've done enough for this community and I hate to see it dying due to both factions and retaliatory reports. Obviously we aren't completely innocent we all do things wrong sometimes but the rules arent here for ruleplay over roleplay and its gonna take everyone to come together to change it into roleplay over ruleplay but until that happens this place will continue on its slow decline into death which I hate to see because I love this place just realize criminals arent just the problem everyone is at fault here.
(Not all of SD is like this but majority is I can only think of two people who don't do this and they are both faction command leads within SD)
I was indeed part of the server when pistols were the only real weapon that could be used, with the exception to hunting rifles and a shotgun they were trying to implement. I mean, my profile states when I joined the community, and have been active since with a 5 month break in between. I did not play A3PL, but I believed I joined a little after? I do not want to point fingers at criminals, because you are right - I am sure SD has had their moments when we either complain or do not RP correctly. Regarding your armored truck transport (which btw is a great idea), I personally would not have said out loud to you that it's not a feature on the server. Instead maybe say we are in close contact with bank owners and we are aware of any new deliveries being transported for the safety of armored money transports, and we do not see you on the list. I personally have never tried to lure any criminals/civilians into class 2/3 gunfights, most of the time I get pulled into them and jus treat them as such. If that many people would like to go back, then let it be - I just think the extra charges and cool looking weapons adds extra spice to the server. There is a big win win mentality from both sides, gotta loose some to win some.

Sam Klein

Content Creator
Content Creator
Sheriff's Department
Whitelisted
Dec 3, 2019
Fishers Island
Please report this to myself or Michael whenever shit like this happens, that's absolutely ridiculous and I apologize.

• APPROVED
Reactions: Brady Freeman

Bob Abrams

Coast Guard
Whitelisted
Dec 21, 2019
I think it should be like back how it was on a3pl tbh class 1 and 2's.
Make class 2 more difficult to get for civs and in factions only allow ESU, MSRT and SOG to have them, this would also bring back the idea that the special teams would have better gear than the rest of the faction since right now there is no real difference between special ops and standard faction member.

Reactions: Luke Angel

Bobby Axel

A3FL
Whitelisted
Nov 30, 2019
Make class 2 more difficult to get for civs and in factions only allow ESU, MSRT and SOG to have them, this would also bring back the idea that the special teams would have better gear than the rest of the faction since right now there is no real difference between special ops and standard faction member.
As stated above, there is nothing "special" about the specialized divisions, there are no super-secret tactics that they use all it is is an excuse to wear a tacticool uniform, at the end of the day they still get wiped because the "tactics" they are taught and use do not work here. If you also remember on PL, the people on the specialized teams opted out of buying the protectors because they were so expensive. Theres no point in keeping them, they are just going to cause more problems.

Luke Angel

A3FL
Sheriff's Department
Whitelisted
Mar 10, 2020
+1 as ESU commander I feel like this would be great. There really is no difference with weapons and believe it would give our special op groups a more important role

Bobby Axel

A3FL
Whitelisted
Nov 30, 2019
+1 as ESU commander I feel like this would be great. There really is no difference with weapons and believe it would give our special op groups a more important role
You guys are already too full of yourselves as it is and have failed on many occasions to back it up....have you guys tried water guns? You may be more effective.....

Luke Angel

A3FL
Sheriff's Department
Whitelisted
Mar 10, 2020
You guys are already too full of yourselves as it is and have failed on many occasions to back it up....have you guys tried water guns? You may be more effective.....
Honestly bro I liked you more when you were a judge, the fuck happened to you

Clem Farr

A3FL
Department of Justice
Whitelisted
Dec 22, 2019
Honestly bro I liked you more when you were a judge, the fuck happened to you
Calm down dudes.

@Bobby Axel just because you don't see something as important or objectively valuable doesn't mean other people see it the same way. You have kind of become a bit of a wiener.

@Luke Angel the same goes the other way, of course you're going to protect something you perceive as a valuable addition, but rather than just slinging insults, respond with actual defences lol.

Niall Mcslive

A3FL
Whitelisted
Dec 16, 2019
Lads, I think the pettyness should end.

It is clear that nearly 90% of all who voted want these guns gone. For better or for worse, the community hath spoken.

Hopefully the Management team can see this and respect our wishes.

Bobby Axel

A3FL
Whitelisted
Nov 30, 2019
Lads, I think the pettyness should end.

It is clear that nearly 90% of all who voted want these guns gone. For better or for worse, the community hath spoken.

Hopefully the Management team can see this and respect our wishes.
I have it on good authority that even with 46 v 6 votes they decided to keep them for now 🤷‍♂️

• IQDOWN
Reactions: Niall Mcslive

Juan MacIntosh

A3FL
Coast Guard
Whitelisted
Aug 26, 2020
Argentina
I honestly don't see the point in having class 2's or 3's, class 1's are way more fun, you have a lot of different pistols you can choose from and it really shows who is the best at shooting.

Not having class 2 or 3 will also stop the complaint civs to faction or factions to civs when it comes to their usage.

As my last point, I would say that class 2's and 3's are not really that complicated to get for either factions or civs and no wipe is going to make them disappear for more than a day.

John

Sub-Director
Sub-Director
Whitelisted
Nov 30, 2019
We have not voted, nor has it been discussed in depth. We plan to have that conversation during a community meeting. I would fire this authority, he/she does not seem too good

Important Information

How to join
Teamspeak
Progress

Donation drives

Regular Monthly Server Costs - DONATION

If you wish to participate in the financing of ArmA 3 Fishers Life!
Goal
$250.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in