• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Tyrie Mims

Whitelisted
Mar 7, 2021
Type of Suggestion:
Script

Explanation of your Suggestion:
I would like Bit coin mining to be an addition into fishers life, I believe this would be a good addition because it would be another thing people could invest in. It should not be overpowered, I think it should be like its real life counterpart were on somedays it can be good and make you profit and on somedays its just going to be terrible and make pennies. you should have to buy graphics card and make a mining rig these should be very expensive. you should have lower tier graphics cards and higher ones that make more money. This concept will need to be very be balanced so it doesn't ruin the economy. Please take this suggestion seriously put good thought into it.

Why are you suggesting this?
To make the island fun, its very boring currently.

Luke Axel

A3FL
Fire Rescue
Whitelisted
Dec 1, 2019
Ok say it is agreed.

Having a pc farm doing all that, won't be boring? Because if you re aiming on the excitement of building up the pc with the card etc etc, then that would be the same excitement any preparation for an illegal activity has. After everything is built, then the things will do the work and you just watch. Not against as much, as I'm aiming on those being overheated and your house blows up, that would give us another different call to go to.

I won't even think the dev requirement for it, I ll leave that up to the dev team to see how feasible it is.

Clem Farr

A3FL
Sheriff's Department
Whitelisted
Dec 22, 2019
I really like this, i definitely think there needs to be a huge risk element and a *marginal* payoff, but as a passive income/based at home way to make money this is a super cool idea.

Reactions: Tyrone Radeno

Joseph Dalton

Fire Rescue
Whitelisted
Aug 21, 2021
Additional suggestion
optionally every real-world 1 month to upgrade the GPU's or Even allowing ASIC Purchasing for a crazy high price but much more production
The downsides could be having to pay 'tax style' electrical bills for setups
Potentially even AC units to keep an area cooled to run more efficiently

Jacob Kingston

Content Creator
Content Creator
Sheriff's Department
Whitelisted
Jun 2, 2020
I would like to see a lot of small things like this added, what if DTU had to investigate illegal selling and trading of crypto currency.

Reactions: Tyrone Radeno

Bobby Bays

Support
Support
Whitelisted
Jun 18, 2021
This has already been suggested, and it was denied due to being too much of a passive way to make money

Bobby Bays

Support
Support
Whitelisted
Jun 18, 2021
whats wrong with making passive money?

As Marshall kindly said that'll be a PHAT NO from me chief, adding a passive way of income with no risk.

Last edited:

Joseph Dalton

Fire Rescue
Whitelisted
Aug 21, 2021
Just got an idea to make it not so passive money.
Require retrieval of bitcoins after a certain amount and virtual market fluctuation on a radical degree if players sell a large quantity it crashes and will time to recover making the amount lower overall that they earn and requiring checking in on the machines
Breaking down of parts could be another method such as a PSU exploding causing a fire a gpu dying causing slowing and a long troubleshooting animation CPU/drive failure resulting in the loss of crypto RAM/Errors in memory resulting in a reverting of percentage mined

Cost of electrical could make it so timing is needed for when they mine/sell

Maybe to make it much less passive you could make it so the radiators only cool soo much and to much more efficiently cool the systems you could make it advisable to have a bucket with water and or ice that the player would have to replace by hand or making liquid nitrogen illegally to keep it even cooler (semi-unrealistic as it would freeze the coolant)

Reactions: Jacob Kingston

Bobby Bays

Support
Support
Whitelisted
Jun 18, 2021
Just got an idea to make it not so passive money.
Require retrieval of bitcoins after a certain amount and virtual market fluctuation on a radical degree if players sell a large quantity it crashes and will time to recover making the amount lower overall that they earn and requiring checking in on the machines
Breaking down of parts could be another method such as a PSU exploding causing a fire a gpu dying causing slowing and a long troubleshooting animation CPU/drive failure resulting in the loss of crypto RAM/Errors in memory resulting in a reverting of percentage mined

Cost of electrical could make it so timing is needed for when they mine/sell

Maybe to make it much less passive you could make it so the radiators only cool soo much and to much more efficiently cool the systems you could make it advisable to have a bucket with water and or ice that the player would have to replace by hand or making liquid nitrogen illegally to keep it even cooler (semi-unrealistic as it would freeze the coolant)
Thing is think of the electrical costs IRL, what's the average cost per KWh in fishers island? probably quite high. Setups with PC type hardware don't make any money when you take in account for electrical costs(if they make any money its cents). The only places that really make money are companies with millions of dollars worth of server rack type computers, that are in areas like Iceland with lots of geothermal power ie. cheap AF power costs.

Joseph Dalton

Fire Rescue
Whitelisted
Aug 21, 2021
That is kinda what I mean like slim margins with high fluctuation failure chance and things like that yea it could still be semi-passive but not very profitable if at all like borderline paycheck level
Thing is think of the electrical costs IRL, what's the average cost per KWh in fishers island? probably quite high. Setups with PC type hardware don't make any money when you take in account for electrical costs(if they make any money its cents). The only places that really make money are companies with millions of dollars worth of server rack type computers, that are in areas like Iceland with lots of geothermal power ie. cheap AF power costs.

Drew Cortez

A3FL
Whitelisted
Dec 23, 2020
Just saying this can very easily be balance out it's not always going to be profitable every day. Also to get the whole rig set up should be pricey. The more GPUs you buy the more chance you have to get bitcoin. IDK just thoughts just saying it DOESNT need to be millions of passive money just a little extra cash on the side and something I can spend money on. I have the stuff I ever wanted on this island something LIKE this would be so refreshing.

Important Information

How to join
Teamspeak
Progress