• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Duke Boone

Whitelisted
Sep 1, 2021
Type of Suggestion:
Script

Explanation of your Suggestion:
Make it so when you deliver gas to the stations you get paid right away. Example: I deliver a 1000 gallons of fuel I get 5k right away. Not after someone buys it. The station should pay to fill and then they get paid every time someone fills up.

Why are you suggesting this?
As of right now its hard to tell if you even make money off petrol. Not sure if you get paid at all actually.. I think this should be implemented because fuel is an essential item on the island. Fuel companies should be rewarded with great compensation. Look in RL. Fuel companies are making bank!! Tell me how a small time weed dealer is making more than someone who owns a fuel business?? With this being said, licenses and what not could be a requirement to do this work. Just an idea. Looking to make it more realistic.. This has been an issue since A3PL

Luke Axel

A3FL
Fire Rescue
Whitelisted
Dec 1, 2019
I remember that whenever you would put fuel in the station you were getting paid like $10 every 2-3 gallons, until the tanker was empty. Then if you rent out the station you can always collect money from the cashier as long as you remember it. I don't think filling up stations should pay too much, as there are multiple ways already to make big amounts of cash, plus stations would have to be limited on the amount of fuel they can have so nobody with 3 fuel tankers can go drop 10k gallons and become a millionaire in 20 minutes.

Reactions: Clem Farr

Duke Boone

Whitelisted
Sep 1, 2021
I remember that whenever you would put fuel in the station you were getting paid like $10 every 2-3 gallons, until the tanker was empty. Then if you rent out the station you can always collect money from the cashier as long as you remember it. I don't think filling up stations should pay too much, as there are multiple ways already to make big amounts of cash, plus stations would have to be limited on the amount of fuel they can have so nobody with 3 fuel tankers can go drop 10k gallons and become a millionaire in 20 minutes.
Maybe that is the case and I didn't notice that. No messages pop up to let you know you've made any money.

The problem is it cost a lot to rent the business for a lengthy period of time and sit there waiting for people to come and fuel up. Think about it though. You have to spend a lot of time to be able to afford such equipment to do fuel. over 200k in equipment (not to mention all the hours to create the equipment) and then the time to get all the resources is a lot. Its not just a simple as going and filling the stations. Its a lot of grind behind the scenes to get it. Everything you need to do fuel and oil properly takes a while to obtain on your own. Why can I spend 10k on weed hardware and be a millionaire in an hour. Whats the point to spend 200k plus on all the fuel equipment to make 500 bucks here and there?? How does that make any sense.

Like I said above. How does a small time weed dealer with barely any overhead become richer than a fuel tycoon. I don't know about you but where I live fuel is mad expensive and unless your pablo escobar your no where near as rich as the fuel tycoons.

I agree. Limit the stations on fuel. But then they should be emptied frequently regardless if people are using them or not. There would have to be some tweaks here and there for sure. I don't care if you make a ton of money from it. Just make it profitable. And it shouldn't take 100 hours to see a return in your investments. One weed haul and you've seen a return. Get my point?

Luke Axel

A3FL
Fire Rescue
Whitelisted
Dec 1, 2019
Yeah but doing weed lands you in prison as well. The risk involved isn't as light as touching the fence with the tanker and flying into space. It wouldn't be right either for a guy to spend a couple of hours getting oil on northern, where oil never ends, and be able to get, let's not say a mil, but $500k in one go. Hows that fair. Right now there are 7 gas stations that have near 1k gallons in them. Some were worked for, some were sitting in a warehouse and someone just drove by and decided to drop some. Wouldnt also be unfair for your work to be gone on the next tsunami let's say if it was decided for the fuel stations to be emptied on their own?

You have some basis on your thinking, but you need to remember that fuel business isn't as lucrative, exactly because if you fill up the station, then the fuel remains until its empty from use. You can rent and not have the price at $45 but you ld have to expect less customers and somehwat hope to make a profit.

Automated emptied fuel stations will also be hurtful, cause you want to do this now, will you do it in a couple of months? Because if you get bored and leave, then you just left an island without fuel because people in their majority don't spend their time gathering fuel for the island, they are forced to do it, if they want their cars to move. Factions can't always have people getting fuel since they have work to do as well. FIFR consumes a big amount of fuel on the daily, not mentioning LEOs that actually patrol all around the island. That leaves some civs that will go get fuel and supply the island. They can have friends that will rent out the stations and split the earnings and bewm, you have a business.

As for fuel prices. Don't compare RL with the island where we have abundant supply of oil. The variables at play in RL make fuel price to be higher than Snoop on 4/20, but on island, the work required isnt near as much to justify a heavy paycheck from drilling, moving barrels, changing them to fuel and then driving to gas stations.

Something might come out of this suggestion, but I wanna hope it won't be raising the paychecks for dropping fuel.

Duke Boone

Whitelisted
Sep 1, 2021
That is true. There is no risk behind it in terms of getting caught because your not breaking the law. I have not personally done oil in the north but I believe you would have to have a way to get all that back to the main land. with a boat or plane. I could be wrong.

And I agree its not fair for the fuel to be gone after tsunami like it used to be. I'm just saying if there is gonna be a cap on the fuel stations then there should be some sort of regulated consumption. What if no one buys from the stations for a bit, then it kills income for the fuel guys. Its finding a healthy balance. I like the fuel system the way its setup now. Much better than the past. I am simply saying the fuel person should be compensated much more than they are now. There is no incentive for me or anyone to create all this equipment and spend tons of money on fuel stuff when I can just make jerry cans.

Its such a fun and important "job" on the island. (And it requires just as many steps as doing weed,) I can find the weed dealer faster than driving to mining mike to buy oil map for 1000 dollars. for the oil rig to mess up and have to do it all over again. lol its a big process. I'm simply saying it deserves a bit more cash flow for all of the work involved!

Maybe add a distribution license or something. Make it a bit harder to do. But worth doing because your profitable.

Dan Hansen

Support
Support
Sheriff's Department
Whitelisted
Nov 30, 2020
Texas
I’ve never done gas because you just don’t make money from it…I would like to see it become more profitable. Maybe add a license that you have to get that costs 30-50k from CG, permits for drilling said oil from CG, and if you don’t get a permit you’re illegally drilling and can be arrested. Would give CG more incentive to actually patrol Northern.

Johnny

Relations Chief
Chief
Whitelisted
Mar 26, 2020
Hello,

After reviewing your suggestion it has been Denied by the management team. This is already implemented, in the next update you will receive a notification after you have filled the tank.

Regards,
Johnny
Relations Chief

Important Information

How to join
Teamspeak
Progress

Donation drives

Server Costs December 2021 - DONATION

If you wish to participate in the financing of ArmA 3 Fishers Life!
Goal
$300.00
Earned
$300.00
This donation drive ends in