Jordan Hansen

A3FL
Whitelisted
Dec 20, 2019
Tennessee, USA
Type of Suggestion:
Regulation

Explanation of your Suggestion:
Remove the green zone from CG base and/or Training grounds.

Why are you suggesting this?
CG already sit at base for long periods of time, why would we make a place where the majority of the CG members a green zone where no crime can be committed. This isn't minecraft or base wars, it should be free reign. If they leave their equipment out than that is their responsibility. Recently, talk about adding more risk to criminal life has been going around. But where is the risk for LEOs? When they can just sit in their bases with no worry of attack or robbery. Also, green zones should not be present where a criminal can be detained. If somebody is taken to the training grounds or cg base for their jail time, you cannot do anything about it because it is a green zone. I think that since criminals are being made to take responsibility, factions need to take responsibility too, because the criminals base is not a green zone, and we spend a lot more money than any faction.

Iggy Wright

A3FL
Coast Guard
Whitelisted
Dec 3, 2019
Wyoming
Members of CG have been ordered to conduct patrols on a regular basis. And if Roleplay is initiated and brought into the green zone the green zone doesn't apply.

Jordan Hansen

A3FL
Whitelisted
Dec 20, 2019
Tennessee, USA
Members of CG have been ordered to conduct patrols on a regular basis. And if Roleplay is initiated and brought into the green zone the green zone doesn't apply.
Either way, we know how that goes with "ordered to regularly patrol." Why does CG deserve a green zone and a safe space to go to? All that does is limit gameplay, there are other ways to go about the issues that made that rule in place. Again, criminals have to take responsibility and the risk, factions need to start taking it as well.

John Cain

Senior Support
Senior Support
Content Creator
Fire Rescue
Whitelisted
Sep 20, 2020
Good o San Diego
The issue comes down to many people roll up to CG base for one of two things for crime. To bait/shoot out or steal a jawkhawk/rbm. The issue is to find a balance for both CG and criminals. I can say from exp that CG is baited/trolled a lot. It gets to the point that CG does not want to get on cause of that, but to make the whole of CG base a green zone does take out of any possible crime if not chasing into. I believe if you did something like I suggested make the trainning ground ie the shoot house and stripe a green zone and the sub station not. Something like that would work for CG. A small place to train SR and get a few minutes to calm down and relax.

John Cain

Senior Support
Senior Support
Content Creator
Fire Rescue
Whitelisted
Sep 20, 2020
Good o San Diego
Please do not troll. If you do this will get denied and locked and no one wants that.

William Kingston

Support
Support
Fire Rescue
Whitelisted
Feb 2, 2021
Honestly the only reason why I would think CG base should be a green zone is to chill and calm down however if there is a prisoner inside the cells on CG base then I do believe the greenzone should be lifted until that criminal gets released but then again this could be widly abused as all the civ would have to say "Oh I thought he was still in there".

Its a maybe from me. They are some pros and cons to this but in general the greenzones are there for safety and to re collect your thoughts and chill until the next situation.

Jordan Hansen

A3FL
Whitelisted
Dec 20, 2019
Tennessee, USA
Honestly the only reason why I would think CG base should be a green zone is to chill and calm down however if there is a prisoner inside the cells on CG base then I do believe the greenzone should be lifted until that criminal gets released but then again this could be widly abused as all the civ would have to say "Oh I thought he was still in there".

Its a maybe from me. They are some pros and cons to this but in general the greenzones are there for safety and to re collect your thoughts and chill until the next situation.
Yea, if it was used for that purpose. I was on 30 minutes ago with 7cg online. All 7 at cg base. Criminals do not get a place to go and recollect their thoughts. CG sits there, and now it is a greenzone, limiting interaction and situations playing out there.

William Kingston

Support
Support
Fire Rescue
Whitelisted
Feb 2, 2021
Yea, if it was used for that purpose. I was on 30 minutes ago with 7cg online. All 7 at cg base. Criminals do not get a place to go and recollect their thoughts. CG sits there, and now it is a greenzone, limiting interaction and situations playing out there.
I do believe Criminals do get a place and thats either in the jail or they can drive around and chill until they are ready but on the other hand CG are unable to as they always have to respond to something or go to the sector of patrol and in general listen to someone over their radio. The only break they technically get is actually going to sleep for a short while the waking back up.

Alex Sedant

A3FL
Whitelisted
Jan 25, 2021
I thought they could shoot on sight idk why it needs to be a green zone just cap the guy

Emmett Parker

A3FL
Marshals Service
Whitelisted
Mar 2, 2020
Ontario Canada
IT'S A MILITARY BASE HOW IS THAT A GREEN ZONE IT MAKES NO SENSE!
Let’s be real here. Any irl military base is pretty much a green-zone. It’s very very uncommon to hear a breach of one.

Anyways in topic of this suggestion, I say it’s a maybe due to it being able to be abused by all parties.

Iggy Wright

A3FL
Coast Guard
Whitelisted
Dec 3, 2019
Wyoming
CG has not spent a lot of time on CG base since the change so I am unsure what RP situations you are referring to. You have continued with your standard RP situations.

Iggy Wright

A3FL
Coast Guard
Whitelisted
Dec 3, 2019
Wyoming
Lol It has been just over 24 hours since it went into effect. I doubt that many opportunity's for quality RP at base have been available.

Important Information

How to join
Teamspeak
Progress

Donation drives

Regular Monthly Server Costs - DONATION

If you wish to participate in the financing of ArmA 3 Fishers Life!
Goal
$250.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in