• Poll closed .

Deacon Shepherd

A3FL
Whitelisted
Dec 21, 2019
Type of Suggestion:
Other

Explanation of your Suggestion:
Allow civs to make chest rigs for cosmetic use. Of course, make it however expensive or cheap as you want but give them a chance to make themselves look better than what they are. Especially gangs should be able to have vests like chest rigs mainly for cosmetic use. It makes no sense for gangs to be sitting in just shirt and pants, robbing a bank. It's unrealistic. Just cause I can steal a vest from law enforcement, shouldn't be a reason why it shouldn't be added for civs. On that point, if I steal a SD vest, I would want to customize it to my liking and my uniform. So I don't represent as sheriff. I plan on making a gang or company, cause it would look better and make more sense for us to have rigs to look better.

Why are you suggesting this?
Cause it's common and I dislike the look of people with just a uniform on instead of anything else.

Last edited:

Deacon Shepherd

A3FL
Whitelisted
Dec 21, 2019
Those who voted no, can you provide your reasoning? Cause I know cops are gonna instantly say no to this suggestion.

Yakim Shepherd

Whitelisted
Aug 16, 2021
And to those who think this is a plot to make the server more like anzus you are mistaken, the problem with anzus is how easy it is to obtain class 3's as civ, this is PURELY COSMEIC, I've spoken to staff already and even the police ones are COSMETIC, No armor values. Why should it matter if a gang has a cosmetic vest on to make themselves look like an actual threat and look more intimidating. I don't know about you guys but there's nothing scary about a guy running around with a pistol, t-shirt and shorts xd.

Nick

Developer
Developer
Whitelisted
Jan 29, 2020
This suggestion has been denied in the past specifically because we didn't want to see everyone and their mother running around with a chest rig for no reason which undoubtedly will happen. The reason factions have those chest rigs is because they are law enforcement, and more often than not nowadays, you will find LEOs wearing chest rigs in many capacities. While civilians are able to obtain them in the real world, it is not nearly as common as those in public service and for this island honestly don't make sense, even if just purely cosmetic.

Reactions: Kevin Axel

Deacon Shepherd

A3FL
Whitelisted
Dec 21, 2019
This suggestion has been denied in the past specifically because we didn't want to see everyone and their mother running around with a chest rig for no reason which undoubtedly will happen. The reason factions have those chest rigs is because they are law enforcement, and more often than not nowadays, you will find LEOs wearing chest rigs in many capacities. While civilians are able to obtain them in the real world, it is not nearly as common as those in public service and for this island honestly don't make sense, even if just purely cosmetic.
Just cause civs aren't seen with them. Doesn't mean they shouldn't be added. You guys aren't opened to change are ya.

• IQDOWN
Reactions: Rob Veloucci

Luke Axel

A3FL
Fire Rescue
Whitelisted
Dec 1, 2019
He didnst state this, I don't know where you live, but I'm not used to seeing random civilians walking around wearing chest rigs, and don't tell me that they won't be wearing it 24/7. If I see a civilian with a chest rig, thenI'm almost certain that that person is up to no good cause it's odd thing to see. It has nothing to do with change, more like common sense.

• IQUP
Reactions: George Murnane

Yakim Shepherd

Whitelisted
Aug 16, 2021
He didnst state this, I don't know where you live, but I'm not used to seeing random civilians walking around wearing chest rigs, and don't tell me that they won't be wearing it 24/7. If I see a civilian with a chest rig, thenI'm almost certain that that person is up to no good cause it's odd thing to see. It has nothing to do with change, more like common sense.

I mean cops don't go around with chest rigs irl either. 🤷‍♂️ Most of the time their armor is underneath their clothing, so should cops just have their chest rigs removed all together because its not 100% accurate? xd

Deacon Shepherd

A3FL
Whitelisted
Dec 21, 2019
It shouldn't be removed from the game entirely. It's just stupid. Make it expensive af, sure. Make it paid for to support the server. It's literally not pay to win anyway, literally just a cosmetic.

Luke Axel

A3FL
Fire Rescue
Whitelisted
Dec 1, 2019
If Arma allowed the rigs to be under the clothing, it would be like that, but it doesn't. There are some aspects that can be brought close to RL and some that cannot.

Deacon Shepherd

A3FL
Whitelisted
Dec 21, 2019
I make suggestions to put my support to the server. If ya'll have a problem with that. Leave my suggestion alone. Lol, not that hard.

Richard

Lead Developer
Whitelisted
Dec 1, 2019
Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion. We have discussed adding these in the past, but ultimately decided we would never bring them to the island. While they would be cool cosmetic items to be worn when your gang is active in a major situation, we don't want to see them casually worn and unfortunately criminals are stupid and will do as they please when they please. With that being said we will be denying this suggestion.

Regards,
Richard
Lead Developer

Important Information

How to join
Teamspeak
Progress

Donation drives

Server Costs December 2021 - DONATION

If you wish to participate in the financing of ArmA 3 Fishers Life!
Goal
$300.00
Earned
$300.00
This donation drive ends in