Senior Support
Senior Support
Sheriff's Department
Whitelisted
Dec 7, 2019
Type of Suggestion:
Other

Explanation of your Suggestion:
I believe there needs to be more passive things to do on the island that will bring people together.

Back during project life's early years, people were always gathered together in Silverton whether it be fishing, operating the mcfishers, using the cinema, or bowling. People now seem very much spread out and I believe that having some central hub activities like bowling, and the cinema would help to bring the community a bit back together and enjoy some passive time on the island.

Why are you suggesting this?
Because I like friendship and I think watching movies with the boys would be cool

Reactions: Johnny Rigatoni

Jake Holiday

Content Creator
Content Creator
Sheriff's Department
Whitelisted
Dec 17, 2019
I don't think they ever got given the DLL file for the Cinema. Bowling was laggy af and no one actually RPs McFishers. I would be down to train my Fishing to 99 for the cape on like a small little dock or something though.

Reactions: Mancio Sorrento

Nathan Hamilton

Senior Support
Senior Support
Sheriff's Department
Whitelisted
Dec 7, 2019
I don't know how long you've been with the community. But in the early days of McFishers was a hub for people because it was the only place you could get food. You had people actually running the store sitting behind the register selling burgers. I specifically remember Gary Wong campaigning in front of McFishers with his party because people were always there. Cinema used to work for a short time and bowling was laggy but by god, it gave us something to do rather than shoot at each other. More things like this that provide passive enjoyment for the server are definitely needed.

Reactions: Alex Sedant

Jake Holiday

Content Creator
Content Creator
Sheriff's Department
Whitelisted
Dec 17, 2019
Since 2016 (2019 with this one). You say that is used to be, exactly my point. Not anymore. No one wants to do it. No one will do it. If they do, then I'm all for it. But with other jobs just being easier and better money, I highly doubt it.

Lex Svensson

Whitelisted
Mar 21, 2020
best i can tell the grills inside mcfishers are currently broken so i think you'd have to actually have mcfishers work before you could do this but never the less its a cool idea

Nathan Macklin

Executive
Executive
Fire Rescue
Whitelisted
Dec 8, 2019
I have to say that McFishers has been made obsolete with the grill item, but for bowling and the cinema I would love to see them return. The reason when bowling was fixed before that no one used it was because the pins were not lined up in fact they were turned 45 degrees so you could never play a game accurately as the pins were simply wrong. The cinema was a huge attraction for the server I remember sitting there for hours just watching videos with a group of people and I honestly think that while the devs think no one would use it that they are simply wrong and that if fixed and showcased I bet many would enjoy hanging out and watching movies again.

• PepeYes
Reactions: Nathan Hamilton

Winters

Gameplay Chief
Chief
Whitelisted
Mar 28, 2020
Howdy,

After reviewing your suggestion it has been placed ON-HOLD by the management team. The cinema was underused for the amount of work that would be required to fix it, Same problem with the Bowling. We however would like further ideas that we can talk about implementing onto the island

Regards,
Winters
Gameplay Chief

Important Information

How to join
Teamspeak
Progress