Pending Implementation Danny Matthews - Suggestion - Weapon | Pepper Spray Changes

Would you like this suggestion added?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Danny Matthews

A3FL
Fishers Island Marshal Services
Whitelisted
Jan 7, 2020
Type of Suggestion:
Weapon

Explanation of your Suggestion:
I think a fix should come to the island for the pepper spray from my understanding all it does is blur your screen and that's it. whether you want to believe it or not getting pepper sprayed in the face BURNS LIKE HELL but all people do is keep running because they may remember the layout of the area they are in which I think is very unrealistic should fall under fail rp but that's just my opinion on the matter, and to my knowledge no one really uses it because of how pointless it is. So what I am proposing is when you get Macced in the face if you're running you will be forced into prone and have to crawl for X amount of time until the pain timer goes down once that happens you will be able to get up but your vision stay blurry until you visit fifr!

the reason why I think you should be forced into a prone position for X amount of time is to 1 add the realism that you are going through pain 2. to avoid just letting you run as if nothing has happened and 3 just because you remember the layout doesn't mean the Environment hasn't changed it, what if you "tripped" on a stone or on the curb then you'll have to crawl until the pain wears off. when I mean forces you into prone you are not frozen like when you get tazed but you can still move in prone until the timer finishes I think a 30 or 15 second timer would be fair

Why are you suggesting this?
so that pepper spray can be more effective

Last edited:

Danny Matthews

A3FL
Whitelisted
Jan 7, 2020
I really do love the pepper spray mechanic the risk/reward it offers if you spray some one vs spraying your self either way it should work the same that and its funny when you see someone mace themselves

William MacIntosh

Whitelisted
Feb 2, 2021
I do like the idea and +1 it.
If we don't add the "force Prone" thing after being peppered sprayed and they continue to run then maybe add the chance of tripping over and bruising/wounding yourself then the suspect has the option of slowly bleeding out or they can give up so they can treatment but this also works if there in cuffs as well and begin to run they have a chance of losing their balance and falling over. All in all I do like the option but i believe even if you are sprayed then you have the choice to run and injure yourself (it runs on a percentage chance -The more you run while sprayed the higher the chance gets) or they comply straight away and they can regain their vision.

Reactions: Danny Matthews

Nick Brown

A3FL
Department of Justice
Whitelisted
Feb 16, 2020
www.kiamodz.ga
I feel like from what I have seen, Pepper spray doesent seem to be used as much as it could be, Its not used very often, Most people may not even carry it. It would add an extra layer of RP and authenticity say if it was more effective and proffered by officers, +1 From me.

Nick

Relations Chief
Chief
Whitelisted
Jan 29, 2020
Hello,

After reviewing your suggestion it has been Accepted by the management team. We intend to make changes moving forward that force an animation and lower stamina from being pepper sprayed. That said, we do not intend to force someone to lay down for a period of time or stop them from running instant as you suggested as while pepper spray may hurt in real life, it does not whatsoever immobilize someone entirely nor take them to the ground as a tazer has the possibility to do.

Regards,
Nick
Relations Chief

Important Information

How to join
Teamspeak
Progress

Donation drives

Server Costs April 2021 - DONATION

If you wish to participate in the financing of ArmA 3 Fishers Life!
Goal
$300.00
Earned
$498.50
This donation drive ends in