Tommy McVady

A3FL
Whitelisted
Mar 11, 2020
Type of Suggestion:
Script

Explanation of your Suggestion:
OK,

At the moment, to make a Class 1, Class 2 and Class 3 you need steel.
To make a Class 1 you need 100 steel, and that is 1 pallet + 40 sheets.
To make a Class 2 you need 1150 steel, and that is 19 pallets.
To make a Class 3 you need 1650 steel, and that is 27 pallets,

I personally feel like that is a lot of work for a gun, Mining alone takes a while.

Others may agree and may feel like the amount needed should be adjusted a little.

Class 1's are fine at 100 steel but the rest is a lot.

Why are you suggesting this?
To make a Class 2/3 its a lot a steel.

Luke Capicchioni

A3FL
Coast Guard
Whitelisted
Jan 18, 2020
i have 1 question, how would you suggest making it more balanced to have it not at a point of everyone is running around with class 3?

But i do agree 19-27 pallets is very extreme

Tommy McVady

A3FL
Whitelisted
Mar 11, 2020
i have 1 question, how would you suggest making it more balanced to have it not at a point of everyone is running around with class 3?

But i do agree 19-27 pallets is very extreme
I'm not exactly sure on that im sure management could talk and figure that out. Just as long as its not 19=27 pallets im sure the criminals would be slightly more happy.

Richard

Community Director
Director
Whitelisted
Dec 1, 2019
Answer me this and you'll understand why this is being denied.

For what purpose do you need a class 2 or class 3 weapon?

For what reason do you need such a high classes weapon over a low class pistol?

For what reason do people need to rely on a firearm to commit a crime?

How does this high classed weapon increase the quality of a roleplay situation?

Thomas Draven

Executive
Executive
Whitelisted
Mar 11, 2020
Time to break out the chart again.
4 Iron Ore = 1 Iron Ingot (×4=16 Ore)
4 Coal Ore = 1 Coal Ingot (×2=8 Ore)
4 Iron Ingots + 2 Coal Ingots = 30 Steel Sheets

A Pistol costs 100 Steel Sheets.
A Mossberg costs 850 Steel Sheets.
A SMG costs 1150 Steel Sheets.
A Rifle costs 1650 Steel Sheets.

A Pack of 5 Pistol Magazines costs 30 Steel Sheets + 5 Gunpowder.
A Pack of 5 Boxes of Buckshot costs 35 Steel Sheets + 5 Gunpowder.
A Pack of 5 SMG Magazines costs 35 Steel Sheets + 5 Gunpowder.
A Pack of 5 Rifle Magazines costs 35 Steel Sheets + 5 Gunpowder.

One Flag will yield an estimated 10-15 Ore.
Provided that a decent Mining Run, without help, could yield you ~1-2k Ore per-run, depending on conditions and effort, you can end up yielding 250-500 Ingots per-run and finally, 1860-3750 Steel Sheets per-run based on that 10-15 figure.

While Gunpowder can be Mined for, I'll display Import-Export first since it's preferred and arguably faster though I'll still provide calculations for mining continuing to utilize the 10-15 figure.
Gunpowder imports for $163 per 1 and is only a 30 minute wait for the Cargo Ship (Wait times will vary depending on time imported). Your only limitation in this instance is the size of your wallet.

Mining:
5 Sulphur Ore = 10 Sulphur Powder.
4 Coal Ore = 1 Coal Ingot.
5 Sulphur Powder + 1 Coal Ingot = 5 Gunpowder.

One Flag will yield an estimated 10-15 Ore.
Provided that a decent Mining Run, without help, could yield you ~1-2k Ore per-run, depending on conditions and effort, you can end up yielding 250-500 Ingots/2000-4000 Powder per-run and finally, 1250-2500 Gunpowder per-run based on that 10-15 figure.

Based on these calculations for the Steel Sheets and Gunpowder:
A Single Run, assuming the individual obtained 3750 Steel and 2500 Gunpowder from their run, has the option to produce around
37 Class 1s, 4 Class 2 Shotguns, 3 Class 2 SMGs, or 2 Class 3s Firearms per-run.
or
625 Class 1 Magazines or 535 Class 2 or Class 3 Munitions per-run.

Also, while I did not include Factory Processing Times, they impact little as they only serve as a temporary delay towards the end result.

Results may vary as the 10-15 figure is again, an estimate, and these calculations do not account for the double yield event but is just 1860-3750 x 2 and 1250-2500 x 2.
If anything, Class 1 recipes should require more cause you could literally supply a small force with one run. Guns should start becoming harder to get to increase the quality of roleplay.

Reactions: Clem Farr

Dominic Petreviko

A3FL
Whitelisted
Mar 30, 2020
SMG's are great and yeah they probably are slightly too expensive, but class 3's are pretty good where they are. It makes me think "Is this situation worth losing a class 3?" and makes me think about the chances of losing it, I Hardly EVER deploy my class 3's unless it's a jailbreak or a gang v gang over hideouts etc..

Pistols at 100 steel are fine, I think they should stay at 100 steel, SMG's should come down slightly from 1150 steel to 1000 or 900 steel, but rifles should stay where they are as they hardly provide any real benefit to roleplay. in some cases, they do, but in most they don't

Nick

Relations Chief
Chief
Whitelisted
Jan 29, 2020
Hello,

After reviewing your suggestion it has been Denied by the management team. To be completely honest, the use of these weapons as we see it currently is very balanced. While it might suck that so much material is used for certain weapons, that is entirely as intended so that every crime committed on island isn't using a class 3. You are meant to use these weapons when a situation really calls for it and not just pull them out for every gas station robbery or other criminal activity when unwarranted.

Regards,
Nick
Relations Chief

Status
Not open for further replies.

Important Information

How to join
Teamspeak
Progress

Donation drives

Server Costs April 2021 - DONATION

If you wish to participate in the financing of ArmA 3 Fishers Life!
Goal
$300.00
Earned
$498.50
This donation drive ends in