Not open for further replies.

Tommy McVady

A3FL
Whitelisted
Mar 11, 2020
Type of Suggestion:
Script

Explanation of your Suggestion:
So In 3.8.0 there was a addition to the Fuel Tankers where you can now refuel cars with it, I believe this has killed the gas business, Factions now can just put a tanker at there base and not use a gas stations. The used to be huge now its nothing. You may as well get rid of gas stations or remove the ability to fuel up from a tanker.

Why are you suggesting this?
I believe that it would make more sense and new players could get into the business. It generally has killed the gas business

Landon Rhettington

A3FL
Whitelisted
Jan 3, 2020
Y yes I agree this hurts the gas biz the gas industry really wasn’t much. Because the second your ownership ran out some other random joe would come rent the shop. So if we remove the fuel truck thing I think you should be able to rent the gas station until the gas you put in runs out.

George Getty

Whitelisted
Mar 4, 2020
I agree, each faction has their own tanker now and no one can profit from refuelling and renting gas stations close to fire stations and police stations etc.

Tommy McVady

A3FL
Whitelisted
Mar 11, 2020
Y yes I agree this hurts the gas biz the gas industry really wasn’t much. Because the second your ownership ran out some other random joe would come rent the shop. So if we remove the fuel truck thing I think you should be able to rent the gas station until the gas you put in runs out.
The gas Business used to be HUGE before they wiped the server, I believe the business could be huge again

Scott Davidson

Executive
Executive
Whitelisted
Dec 3, 2019
Ontario, Canada
I hate to disagree but the gas business is not what it used to be. It used to be huge because there were no Jerry Cans or anything other than the gas in a single station in Silverton.

Now with the coming of Jerry Cans and other means to refuel cars, it will never be as big as it was before... and another thing you need to remember is that people don't RP that way anymore. You can say that it COULD be huge again but it has been at least 4 months since I have seen someone consistently operate a gas station as it was in the past. Another thing to consider is that factions will not always have these gas points operational as it takes work to fill them up and get them going... plus people get lazy and will likely not use them as much in the future.

Lastly, the potential for growth in the business is even more likely now that people could literally show up to DOC, FISD Training Grounds, or other common areas for vehicles and offer remote gas options for the factions. I know if you offered that to FIFR they would likely love to pay out some cash for it, same with SD, CG, and FIMS. We are all here to support the new players but getting rid of a new function like this would also kill other RP possibilities out there.

Nick

Relations Chief
Chief
Whitelisted
Jan 29, 2020
Hello,

After reviewing your suggestion it has been Denied by the management team. The thing you have to understand is that when changes like this are made, there is bound to be controversy and people who disagree, as in your case here. On the topic of your main point being that this has "killed the gas business" we completely disagree. As Scott pointed out, the gas business is now what it has been whatsoever in the past. In most cases, people don't even own/rent a gas station and when people do, in some cases they don't even own the gas in the station, they're just trying to profit off of a stockpile. What this system has done so far is allow companies to reach out to factions to try and make deals, as well as being able to offer on-the-spot fuel deliveries when needed in certain circumstances. Give things like this time to play out rather than asking for a complete removal less than a week before it was implemented.

Regards,
Nick
Relations Chief

Status
Not open for further replies.

Important Information

How to join
Teamspeak
Progress