Kevin Axel

Executive
Executive
Sheriff's Department
Whitelisted
Type of Suggestion:
Script

Explanation of your Suggestion:
Making Panic Buttons a virtual inventory Item, so it can be forgotten and taken away.

- Could also be one time use, similar to life alert but at a lesser cost.
- Can be used by non LEOs so it can be used as a diversion or other nefarious activities (no map blimp, only plays local sound)
- Can be searched and taken off during a pat down

Why are you suggesting this?
cause why not eh

Richard

Community Director
Director
Whitelisted
To clarify, if this were implemented it would probably be as follows:

Panic Buttons would become virtual items.
Panic buttons would be purchasable by LEOs in their faction shops for very cheap.
Panic buttons when used by LEOs, would inform their respective faction via panic sound and map marker. (Same as now)
Panic buttons when used by LEOs, would play panic sound locally to those around them. (Same as now)
Panic buttons could be taken from LEOs during patdown.
Panic buttons when used by civs, would play panic sound locally to those around them.

I, personally, feel that this could help alleviate the issue of LEOs not valuing their life and pressing their panics when told not to. As far as civs using panic buttons, since they don't put markers on the map but still play the local panic sound, I feel that this could be passed off as the civ being able to claim they are an LEO possibly stopping someone from executing them in fear of backup coming, even though it was really a fake panic.

Clem Farr

A3FL
Sheriff's Department
Whitelisted
I, personally, feel that this could help alleviate the issue of LEOs not valuing their life and pressing their panics when told not to. As far as civs using panic buttons, since they don't put markers on the map but still play the local panic sound, I feel that this could be passed off as the civ being able to claim they are an LEO possibly stopping someone from executing them in fear of backup coming, even though it was really a fake panic.
While this is a nice train of thought, it never goes that way. If you panic, they just kill you and then dip as fast as possible.

Niall Mcslive

A3FL
Sheriff's Department
Whitelisted
Due to the timer of the panic buttons its unlikely people would use them other then the intial encounter, so I dont see the reason to have to be able to take them off them.

John Cain

Support
Support
Department of Justice
Whitelisted
I am completely against this. If the officers are not valuing their life then the is a rule. Report and let the exe handle it and excited the cop. It is really pain for for them when they loss an m4. That one way to force a chance though rp. Role play over rule play. If we force a chance cause of a rule then that rule play winning here. Second I like the idea of fake panic but that can easily be defeat by looking at the map. So that really defeats the idea. On top of that the idea for a panic bottom is due the radio love have. To be it makes zero sense for it to be a random bottom. Really no logic. It a money sink. Which I know is the main reason, but this would do more harm then good.

Last edited:

Kevin Axel

Executive
Executive
Sheriff's Department
Whitelisted
I am completely against this. If the officers are not valuing their life then the is a rule. Report and let the exe handle it and excited the cop. It is really pain for for them when they loss an m4. That one way to force a chance though rp. Role play over rule play. If we force a chance cause of a rule then that rule play winning here. Second I like the idea of fake panic but that can easily be defeat by looking at the map. So that really defeats the idea. On top of that the idea for a panic bottom is due the radio love have. To be it makes zero sense for it to be a random bottom. Really no logic. It a money sink. Which I know is the main reason, but this would do more harm then good.
My suggestion is not a rule, its a script inside the game. Its also kinda strange saying role-play over rule-play after saying that instead of this script I should (execute? i think was meant by excite) put in a player report or using a rule against someone. Secondly I think that if a criminal activates a panic button, it would only play a sound local to where it was pressed, there should be no island/map wide alert for a non leo press. Also its pointless to talk about logic when it comes to island radios because they are quite literally invisible backpacks and not small handheld radios. A money sink is not apart of the idea and is out of my control. The point of this suggestion is to remove panic buttons from officers during/after they have been kidnapped or what ever situation may arise.

Nick

Relations Chief
Chief
Whitelisted
Hello,

After reviewing your suggestion it has been Denied by the management team. Before we go and add a new item into the game such as a physical panic button, we want to explore alternatives. For right now, we intend to drastically increase the volume of the button to start as we noticed a partial issue right now is sometimes when activated, especially in a moving vehicle, the noise isn't audible enough to garner consequences for those that activate it. If we see more issues with this in the future, feel free to re-suggest this and we will review the situation again.

Regards,
Nick
Relations Chief

Status
Not open for further replies.

Important Information

How to join
Teamspeak
Progress

Donation drives

Server Costs March - DONATION

If you wish to participate in the financing of ArmA 3 Fishers Life!
Goal
$400.00
Earned
$1,010.00
This donation drive ends in