What's new

Pending Implementation Mancio Sorrento - Suggestion - Script | Make Turtles Great Again

Mancio Sorrento

Executive
Executive
Coast Guard
Whitelisted
Type of Suggestion:
Script

Explanation of your Suggestion:
Make turtles great again. Nobody wants to risk getting arrested for 10k a turtle. Its more trouble than it's worth with the %'s that determine if you get a turtle or not while fishing.

Why are you suggesting this?
Shark is 8k if you get a 10lb shark and its not illegal with the proper license which most people have.

James View

Whitelisted
For context, when I started on the server I personally went the fishing route. I started fishing off the coast until I could afford to rent a boat, I sold a round of mullets and then I sold sharks from there. In my experience I found the fishing system itself to be quite buggy, commonly reducing the amount of nets you could throw until you reconnected. I found the pay for sharks to be frankly incredible. With 56 nets, I would go to mullets, make around 30k gross profit for around 10k net on the nets/buckets and still have the mullets for sharks. I would then purchase new nets/buckets and head to sharks. Between two people, for about an hour of fishing trying to take it slow to avoid the net bugs, we made together around 250k. That's 125k per hour per person.
I never saw the need to take the risk to go for turtles when almost all turtle spawns are up north where CG commonly patrols, and the benefit was not outweighed by the profit sharks offered. There was no stealth option for avoiding detection, other than doing them at night, and even sharking was illegal as the only option single fishermen have for licensing is a sport license, meaning you can be fined for every bucket of fish you have over three buckets unless you make a company (100k initial cost) and then apply and receive a commercial fishing license, allowing 75 buckets of fish.

I support increasing the price of turtles, however fishing is generally already an illegal activity when done for profit and that should be considered.

Nick

Relations Chief
Chief
Whitelisted
Hello,

After reviewing your suggestion it has been Accepted by the management team.

Regards,
Nick
Relations Chief

Important Information

How to join
Teamspeak
Progress

Donation drives

Server Costs March - DONATION

If you wish to participate in the financing of ArmA 3 Fishers Life!
Goal
$400.00
Earned
$1,010.00
This donation drive ends in