Not open for further replies.

James Rodgers

A3FL
Whitelisted
Dec 26, 2019
Type of Suggestion:
Script

Explanation of your Suggestion:
Change the Jewellery Store robbery so we have a chance of catching them, Currently, unless we are sitting actively in Springfield there is next to no chance of us catching them, there is no way to link a car leaving to the robbery other than reasonable suspicion.

There is a couple of options.
1) Change the time it takes to rob the store therefore SD have a more ability to get there in time.
2) Make it so when the robbery is done, evidence is left behind, on door knobs, foot prints, CCTV inside the store? This would allow us, if we can stop the vehicle, be able to link evidence from the suspects to the store robbery, CCTV alone would be useful as we could look at what clothes the individuals were wearing. Forensic Analysis would get a job by taking in this evidence left behind, and processing it to get details of the suspects. There could be a option for the Suspect to remove the evidence before they left, but obviously would take some time to do this.

Why are you suggesting this?
Currently, Every spring field robbery I have ever responded to has been a no-go, no matter how close I am, or how fast I drive, I have never caught a single one. The only way we can get Probably Cause is by seeing the suspect actively leaving the jewellery store, I'm not aware of how long it takes to rob the store, but as far as Roleplay purposes goes with the store robbery, there is nothing. It seems a shame to have opportunities such as this removed from potential roleplay. In Addition, if SD respond countless times and never succeed, they get no reward from responding to this, which is never fun time and time again.

Erik Gunning

A3FL
Sheriff's Department
Whitelisted
Apr 22, 2020
Yes. I was thinking with the new evidence system that if someone breaks the glass, there is a chance they will bleed and leave behind evidence (hand getting cut). If that happens, they have to spend alittle extra time cleaning it up and if not, FAD can do it’s thing and get dna and make an arrest warrant

Reactions: George Murnane

Luke Axel

A3FL
Fire Rescue
Whitelisted
Dec 1, 2019
Would be nice for evidence to be left behind, which I guess might come at a later point since some evidence drop already exists with bodies etc. but making it take more time, just so SD can get there doesnt sound like the play of the game. More like another way to block criminals of daring to do something. Solution to that, when you know its a time of high risk for robberies, have more patrols near the area. Hear bout robbery there but you re not on scene but on the MSR outside? Have a roadblock, you see a car approaching going off in the grass instead of the road to you, well, that could be suspicious.

• PepeOk
Reactions: Jake

James Rodgers

A3FL
Whitelisted
Dec 26, 2019
Would be nice for evidence to be left behind, which I guess might come at a later point since some evidence drop already exists with bodies etc. but making it take more time, just so SD can get there doesnt sound like the play of the game. More like another way to block criminals of daring to do something. Solution to that, when you know its a time of high risk for robberies, have more patrols near the area. Hear bout robbery there but you re not on scene but on the MSR outside? Have a roadblock, you see a car approaching going off in the grass instead of the road to you, well, that could be suspicious.
Suspicious it may be, but currently, we have no powers with suspicion. There is very seldom enough units in the area quick enough to do a road block. And there is 3 road exits, and a complete open wood for them to leave in.

Luke Axel

A3FL
Fire Rescue
Whitelisted
Dec 1, 2019
Didn't say would be easy, giving incentive for SD to actually appear, however, having the island itself stalling the robbery, just so SD can get there in time, think about it. Why bother robbing it afterwards knowing that you will have to get into fighting SD to get out, not mentioning CG/Marshals and everybody else that wanna block the robbery.

They might be able to add a small extra time delay, cause I don't know how long it takes now tbh, but in the end, if SD can't be around the island fast enough to location, it's not the criminal's fault, why should he get punished for it by being stalled enough just so SD can be on scene?

• PepeOk

James Rodgers

A3FL
Whitelisted
Dec 26, 2019
Didn't say would be easy, giving incentive for SD to actually appear, however, having the island itself stalling the robbery, just so SD can get there in time, think about it. Why bother robbing it afterwards knowing that you will have to get into fighting SD to get out, not mentioning CG/Marshals and everybody else that wanna block the robbery.

They might be able to add a small extra time delay, cause I don't know how long it takes now tbh, but in the end, if SD can't be around the island fast enough to location, it's not the criminal's fault, why should he get punished for it by being stalled enough just so SD can be on scene?
Well the time it takes to Rob the store in my knowledge has never been tweaked, so as time has gone by it may appear too quick and easy. There is no risk at the moment for the criminals. Ultimately it is a role play server, and this feature adds nothing but aggressive driving towards the store, to reveal nothing, we are not always very far away, sometimes I can be at the junction near janitors peak, respond going 120-140 mph down that and still no luck.

Even CG responded yesterday and couldn’t get there in time, couldn’t even see the vehicle in the area in the woods.

not sure what the best course of action is as it’s not my knowledge area!!

Jake

Developer
Developer
Fire Rescue
Whitelisted
Nov 22, 2019
As someone that robs stores here and there, I feel that it is plenty long enough, I robbed the Northdale store, and police from Silverton (at least that's what they told me) made it to the scene. I think there should/could be some evidence possibly, and if the criminal wants to stay longer they can destroy it, but the timer feels like a year already.

They might be able to add a small extra time delay, cause I don't know how long it takes now tbh, but in the end, if SD can't be around the island fast enough to location, it's not the criminal's fault, why should he get punished for it by being stalled enough just so SD can be on scene

They could possibly add something to the display tables inside of the stores that you can take kinda like the jewelry store, optional but worth it if you want to risk the time that it takes.

It's also not that profitable (Not a major crime) and if the risk is raised a lot higher then I can see people not robbing stores anymore. in my opinion, that is.

James Rodgers

A3FL
Whitelisted
Dec 26, 2019
As someone that robs stores here and there, I feel that it is plenty long enough, I robbed the Northdale store, and police from Silverton (at least that's what they told me) made it to the scene. I think there should/could be some evidence possibly, and if the criminal wants to stay longer they can destroy it, but the timer feels like a year already.

They could possibly add something to the display tables inside of the stores that you can take kinda like the jewelry store, optional but worth it if you want to risk the time that it takes.

It's also not that profitable (Not a major crime) and if the risk is raised a lot higher then I can see people not robbing stores anymore. in my opinion, that is.
Completely understand, I like to see things from a criminals perspective, but I haven’t been a criminal recently and therefore aren’t aware of what the timing is like! The only experience I’m going off is I’m bored of racing up the MSR multiple times a day to get there and reveal nothing, Almost to the point where I think. Is it even worth me going cause I won’t get there in time.

I didn’t think the reward would of been high, but if we can’t get there a alert to us just a waste of time.

something must be different if they can get to northdale from silverton in a couple of minutes. A good score from apple picking to weapons factory is 4:15 which is our highway test, and that’s pushing it.

il have to upload a video later of me last night, I was at elk cross roads , responded flat out down that bottom road, and I honestly thought, there’s no way they’re gonna get away here, CG was responding too but still nothing which shocked me.

• IQDOWN

Erik Gunning

A3FL
Sheriff's Department
Whitelisted
Apr 22, 2020
Overall, 99% of the time, they are gone when we get there. The best option is a 50/50 chance dna is left behind and criminals have an option to clean it up. Otherwise, they get lucky. Like it’s been stated, there is very little risk robbing the Jewlery store.

John

Sub-Director
Sub-Director
Whitelisted
Nov 30, 2019
you shouldn’t have a unit responding from silverton anyways. You should have a decent spread of units across the districts. I have often seen all of SD or most of SD in one area patrolling because it’s the most popular at the time. If u guys were properly spread apart and had a unit in that area to begin with, you should have a higher chance of catching people.

written on iPhone. So give me a break

Reactions: Robbie White

James Rodgers

A3FL
Whitelisted
Dec 26, 2019
you shouldn’t have a unit responding from Silverton anyways. You should have a decent spread of units across the districts. I have often seen all of SD or most of SD in one area patrolling because it’s the most popular at the time. If u guys were properly spread apart and had a unit in that area to begin with, you should have a higher chance of catching people.

written on iPhone. So give me a break
Whilst i completely agree with you john, it wouldn't make sense in the jewellery store. Currently, Elk is the city where most things happens and is typically the city people hang around in, if any. So they are the closest to the store and therefore lowest response time.

John

Sub-Director
Sub-Director
Whitelisted
Nov 30, 2019
Not exacly. What I see if that FIFR is ALWAYS in elk. SD is usually in the same area that the last situation was at and normally just hang around there. The last time I was on most of u were in D2

Dylan Owen

Executive
Executive
Fire Rescue
Whitelisted
Dec 13, 2019
It already takes a decent amount of time. I have robbed it a few times when there are a good amount of SD awake and I will sit there afterwards and most of the time yall dont even come

• PepeOk

James Rodgers

A3FL
Whitelisted
Dec 26, 2019
It already takes a decent amount of time. I have robbed it a few times when there are a good amount of SD awake and I will sit there afterwards and most of the time yall dont even come
I Have never to this day ignored the alert. If people are, that is a problem. Is it a guaranteed alert to all SD? or is it a probability that we get a alerted?

Dylan Owen

Executive
Executive
Fire Rescue
Whitelisted
Dec 13, 2019
I think the jewerly store and gas stations and stuff are a garunteed alert

• PepeOk

Dylan Owen

Executive
Executive
Fire Rescue
Whitelisted
Dec 13, 2019
The 3 small items in the back which are valued higher than the other cases should take a little longer because thoes currently take the least amount of time and they give you the most profit I think that would help with the smash an grabs as soon as the dildo is back

Thomas Draven

Executive
Executive
Whitelisted
Mar 11, 2020
Im pretty sure this stems from a majority of Jewellery Store robberies being quick smash-n'-grabs, just grabbing like 2 or 4 items then dipping which you can't really prevent without actively trying to trap the player behind a 90-year timer; best solution is to just always have a unit near Springfield or just camp JS down the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Important Information

How to join
Teamspeak
Progress