Jackson Camorra

A3FL
Banned
Dec 23, 2019
Type of Suggestion:
Regulation

Explanation of your Suggestion:
Lighten the rules on criminal roleplay

Allow more roleplay options for criminals not stopping roleplay mid situation because the cops just say "You cant do that"
police roleplay is very un restricted in what you can do, They are constantly getting new regulations and tools to make life impossible for criminals to roleplay outside of Robbing cops, shooting each other, or Robbing stores/banks

give us tools other than guns

WE DONT WANT GUNPLAY WE WANT ROLEPLAY

STOP ADDING GUNS

GIVE US LEGAL JOBS, ILLEGAL MEANS OF INCOME THAT ISNT ROBBING SHIT

BRING THE CARTEL BACK

EVERYONE I've spoken to in the community wants ROLEPLAY back. This isnt roleplay. this is cops and robbers, and then getting banned for being a robber.

help US revive the community and make this more fun for everyone

Unban rob vellouci for out of the box roleplay

#RoleplayOverRulePlay
#FreeRob

Why are you suggesting this?

Last edited:
Reactions: Cody Abrams

Jackson Camorra

A3FL
Banned
Dec 23, 2019
I WANT the community to talk about this, We want this server back. Project life was some of the best roleplay around. This is not that.

Justin Hank

A3FL
Sheriff's Department
Whitelisted
Dec 2, 2019
I've been with A3PL for three years and I have to say A3FL is definitely has better rp than PL did during 2018-19. What a3pl struggled with was was the number of people baiting cops and shooting others for no reason. Situations like that do sill sometimes occur in a3fl, but not as often as pl

I'm sure if you have ideas for more criminal rp the devs will love to hear it. They actually have been very generous to criminals more than a3pl was. Gang activities like gang hideouts and the race to plane crash are cool things a3pl never had.

Jordan Rivera

A3FL
Whitelisted
Dec 20, 2019
Tennessee, USA
I think what Devon is saying is that on A3PL criminal life was different. I honestly feel that criminal roleplay and criminal situations with LEOs on A3PL were much better. Nowadays there is no organized crime and only shoot what you see. I think a big thing that is promoting gunplay is rifles. I honestly miss the pistol days and occasionally an SMG. Also the medical system on here is not made for getting shot with a rifle. There is no type of armor at all so someone sees your shoulder or foot you stand no chance. And I also think with less gun power it required criminals to have to think about there decisions based on circumstances instead of the amount of gun power they have. With LEOs being unable to carry rifles around on there backs, that gives criminals an advantage and only have to thing about situations based on there gun power and not actually plan and strategize.

Reactions: Carson Sinclair

Jimmy Corleone

Whitelisted
Nov 8, 2020
I agree, they should remove rifles in my opinion. The criminals get banned for bringing the action to cops but when there is no action the cops cry. Where is the balance of this?

Luke Axel

A3FL
Fire Rescue
Whitelisted
Dec 1, 2019
The balance was, bringing the rifles back, because before that, criminals were all "oh but how is 1 criminal to fight off 12 cops coming to him". Let's not make this suggestion another vote of removing rifles, because they will be removed and come back after Richard retires. I don't wanna be that guy but, when a suggestion appears and just says "we need more RP, less shooting" without providing some more explanation, some example on things that you ld like to see and be generic about it, then generically speaking, the management will response, yes, we will work on it.

And from what we ve seen all this time, management does work all the time on getting things in, but since that needs to be balanced as well, sometimes its for leos, other for FIFR, other for civs, other for crims, it has to make a circle to keep pushing forward.

So yes, im sure, LEOS and crims would want to be more involved in situations that they will have to think and operate a bit outside the box than just end up shooting each other and whoever stands last wins. To have some detective work, we already have clues appearing, something that was requested a long time ago, as well as dragging dead bodies, see they re slowly trying to upgrade the whole crime aspect of the island. In order to help more, we need to provide perhaps more ideas (if they dont have enough already), so they will work on those too and end up with smart criminals and smart LEOs, to have criminals that work out plans and their operations than just go in guns blazing to get stuff.

Jackson Camorra

A3FL
Banned
Dec 23, 2019
The balance was, bringing the rifles back, because before that, criminals were all "oh but how is 1 criminal to fight off 12 cops coming to him". Let's not make this suggestion another vote of removing rifles, because they will be removed and come back after Richard retires. I don't wanna be that guy but, when a suggestion appears and just says "we need more RP, less shooting" without providing some more explanation, some example on things that you ld like to see and be generic about it, then generically speaking, the management will response, yes, we will work on it.

And from what we ve seen all this time, management does work all the time on getting things in, but since that needs to be balanced as well, sometimes its for leos, other for FIFR, other for civs, other for crims, it has to make a circle to keep pushing forward.

So yes, im sure, LEOS and crims would want to be more involved in situations that they will have to think and operate a bit outside the box than just end up shooting each other and whoever stands last wins. To have some detective work, we already have clues appearing, something that was requested a long time ago, as well as dragging dead bodies, see they re slowly trying to upgrade the whole crime aspect of the island. In order to help more, we need to provide perhaps more ideas (if they dont have enough already), so they will work on those too and end up with smart criminals and smart LEOs, to have criminals that work out plans and their operations than just go in guns blazing to get stuff.

This was intended to spark a conversation for the community to talk about how we as a whole can better this place. Not so much me give a specific detailed plan.

George Murnane

A3FL
Whitelisted
Dec 19, 2019
Removing rifles wont do anything. I know for a fact SD anyway match class with class so if you use a pistol so will we. Criminals aren't forced to use rifles and rifles being there doesn't magically stop people coming up with good ideas for roleplay. If you don't want a huge rifle gun fight, don't use a rifle. If you want to do a fun criminal roleplay situation, you don't necessarily need a gun. If you want to have a cool long range shootout which lets be real shootouts can be fun if done properly, grab a rifle and have some fun.

The fact that the weapons are there doesn't promote gunplay its the players choice whether to use them or not.

Reactions: Clem Farr

Clem Farr

A3FL
Whitelisted
Dec 22, 2019
Criminal is what you make of it, we've been having SO much fun because we've put effort into it. You can too, but you need to use the server as a sandbox and build your fun around it.

We've created a de-centralised criminal network over the last few days, it's taken some setup but its SUPER fun. Everything you've described is super surface level. Create some long term goals and aspirations and work towards them.

Reactions: George Murnane

Sky Smith

A3FL
Whitelisted
Dec 20, 2019
Some good criminal ideas could be, some guys with money open up a store and use it as a front. Certain days could be gambling day. Roll some dice, only certain people know about it until it gets bigger. Do it every other day so you don't get caught. It would give the detectives another thing to investigate and maybe you get a mole in your group. Roleplay is what you make of it. So many wide ideas for the criminal community or anyone who wants to do some time.

Someone could open up a front and launder money out of it or its risky but loan sharking. Some other things you could do, make an ad on the darknet and come up with something to put on it.

I don't do criminal activities, I am always a LEO on every server I play, so I am no help, but I am just sending ideas.

Clem Farr

A3FL
Whitelisted
Dec 22, 2019
Some good criminal ideas could be, some guys with money open up a store and use it as a front. Certain days could be gambling day. Roll some dice, only certain people know about it until it gets bigger. Do it every other day so you don't get caught. It would give the detectives another thing to investigate and maybe you get a mole in your group. Roleplay is what you make of it. So many wide ideas for the criminal community or anyone who wants to do some time.

Someone could open up a front and launder money out of it or its risky but loan sharking. Some other things you could do, make an ad on the darknet and come up with something to put on it.

I don't do criminal activities, I am always a LEO on every server I play, so I am no help, but I am just sending ideas.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Richard

Community Director
Director
Whitelisted
Dec 1, 2019
Hello Devon,

Thank you for your suggestion. The Management Team has denied this suggestion. As others have mentioned, you shouldn't have to rely on scripts/assets to roleplay as a criminal. The Cartel never has nor will it ever work on this island sadly. Criminals have plenty of tools at the ready, they just choose to use guns more than others. We plan to bring more guns to the island. This does not mean you HAVE to use them. Think outside the box. In other news, we have several new crimes both minor and major in the works. We also will be working on redoing some existing ones. And we also have several new legal jobs in the works coming soontm.

Regards,
Richard
Community Director

Important Information

How to join
Teamspeak
Progress