James Martin

A3FL
Whitelisted
Dec 3, 2019
Fishers Island
Type of Suggestion:
Map

Explanation of your Suggestion:
Remove the Department of Corrections (DOC) Courthouse.

Why are you suggesting this?
I'm suggesting that we remove the Courthouse that resides within the DOC because it would remove people coming to the DOC for arraignments and trials and subsequently provide the Fishers Island Marshal Service with more duties to complete while on duty rather than being stuck behind the gate. It would allow marshals to transport suspects from courthouses to the DOC and process them appropriately while also allowing marshals to leave the premises to contact their basic duties as they are now. Currently, factions such as SD and Coastguard transport people to the DOC because it is much simpler and conduct their arraignments there, but this subsequently takes away the element of RP from the marshal service. By removing the courthouse this would eliminate that factor.

• PepeHands
Reactions: Jake

Niall Mcslive

A3FL
Sheriff's Department
Whitelisted
Dec 16, 2019
Theres a simple solution to this.

DOJ stop doing arraignments at DOC unless there is a threat to their lives which are active etc.

The courthouse does have it purpose for this reason, just use it for that instead of as a safe area to arraign etc.

Scott Davidson

Executive
Executive
Sheriff's Department
Whitelisted
Dec 3, 2019
Ontario, Canada
There is also the issue that 9/10 when we call the FIMS to come to transports other duties they are either too busy... or they take 15 damn minutes to get there. It takes so long for FIMS to respond to transport calls and those duties you want.

Baldrick Klein

A3FL
Whitelisted
Mar 6, 2020
I think this is more of a DOJ hanging around in DOC issue. When I was still in SD everytime there was DOJ awake I was asked to come to the DOC with my suspect because they were at that courthouse.

Cody Abrams

A3FL
Fire Rescue
Whitelisted
Nov 30, 2019
Virginia
DOJ is only supposed to use the court house at DOC, if it is a high threat person who is being arraigned (capital terrorism, etc), or if it is a high value target in that court room. I say no. Sorry

• IQUP
Reactions: Jake

Jake

Developer
Developer
Fire Rescue
Whitelisted
Nov 22, 2019
DOJ is only supposed to use the court house at DOC, if it is a high threat person who is being arraigned (capital terrorism, etc), or if it is a high value target in that court room. I say no. Sorry

Nick Kennedy

A3FL
Whitelisted
Jan 8, 2020
I would like this pasted cause we have had problems where Criminals see alot of SD or DOJ in one area and they attack DOC is not a hang out spot nor is it to court Trials. Now people are saying this is a DOJ thing no this is an everyone thing i have had SD and CG request DOJ to DOC and if we tell them not to use it then why have it in DOC it is taking up space we can use as something better and fun for FIMS. Now i know alot will have problems to what i have said but you must understand we are doing whats best for FIMS and RP. Plus this gives us something to do besides sitting at gate being called names. Now to answer the questions that got me is " There is also the issue that 9/10 when we call the FIMS to come to transports other duties they are either too busy... or they take 15 damn minutes to get there. It takes so long for FIMS to respond to transport calls and those duties you want." Now this ture SD does call we are busy or we forget but ill say 60% of the time is us dealing with people looking for DOJ or and SD officer or CG our jobs is to babysit Criminals not everyone and thei mother. But i hope people understand this and Vote for the right thing just ask yourself WHAT WOULD JESUES DO !

Richard

Community Director
Director
Whitelisted
Dec 1, 2019
Hello James,

Thank you for your suggestion. The management team has denied this suggestion. There's no need to remove the courthouse fully from DOC. Instead, DOJ should write up something stating that the DOC Courthouse is only to be used in high profile cases, otherwise the other various courthouses around the island should be utilized. @Dave Boyd @Thomas Miller

Regards,
Richard
Community Director

Reactions: Thomas Kennedy

Important Information

How to join
Teamspeak
Progress