Official Community Report #018

Nick

Relations Chief
Chief
Whitelisted
logo_white.png

Community Report #018

Hello Everyone,

Apologies for the absence of a report last week, we didn't have much to add in at the meeting then and we felt waiting until this meeting was better. In this Community Report, I will be speaking about our recent update, some things we're working towards with the staff team and factions, and more.

Update 3.4.1 & Halloween Event

Update 3.4.1 has been released, check out that changelog here! This update included several QOL changes and we are working towards adding more as we go forward. We are also trying our hand at optimizing some of the assets we already have in an effort to increase FPS as a whole for everyone on the server. Along with these changes, we have activated our Halloween Event. If interested in how it works as well as a contest we have running, please check out that info here

Medical System

Along with the update above, we have been actively working to adjust our medical system and work out the kinks so that it is working as intended. With the update above we added back in damage from car accidents as well as damage from things such as falls that were absent with our previous update. Along with this we had a hotfix at our restart today that fixed many issues such as people dying and falling under the map, losing physical items, etc. and we hope now that most of our issues have been completely resolved. If there continue to be issues that you find, please report them in our bug reports forum and we will fix them as soon as possible.

Player Reports

Please when submitting player reports that are longer than 7 minutes, include timestamps so that we know when/where to look for. It is very frustrating for us when we have to watch a long video when most of it doesn't have rule breaks or isn't relevant and it makes our whole player report process that much less efficient. If you fail to include timestamps we may request you add them before we investigate the report.

Faction Liaison Restructuring

A few days ago we did a small restructuring to liaisons and switched around who is helping run which factions. @John has stepped away from DOJ Liaison in an effort to focus more on his job managing the Executive Team and the staff team as a whole. To replace him, @Shaun has switched over to DOJ as their new liaison. With the space Shaun left in Coast Guard, @Ken Axel have stepped up and will be assisting them in running the faction.

Faction Response Limit

The faction response limit rule was removed a few weeks ago now and has gone back under the control of factions to find out exactly what they require for certain situations. They do have examples within their SOPs for situations and it is a breach of that if they fail to abide by it. With that said though, faction command members are actively watching their responses in an attempt to make sure the playing field is fair and criminals don't get destroyed because of overresponse. As management we are also working with factions to address issues we see as they come up. So in the future if you have any specific issues with faction overresponse, please inform a command member of that faction and they will take it from there.

Faction Command Activity

Faction command being active is extremely important to us. Without active command members, factions can be left to the wayside and start falling apart. Regularly, the management team as well as Faction Liaisons are working to have continually active command members and demoting and/or removing those that fail to be active.

Staff Professionalism

Recently, the management team has noticed the occasional lack of professionalism coming from our Executive staff members. We are working with our Executives to ensure this stops immediately and have instituted immediate strikes for people that fail to follow our professionalism standards. If you see an Executive acting inappropriately, breaking rules, abusing their admin tools, etc. please don't hesitate to submit a staff report and the management team will investigate and punish as necessary.

Water Escapes

Water escapes have seemingly been on the rise again and we just want to remind everyone that there are specific regulations surrounding these. Regulation 4.19 states that you cannot escape via water with less than 3 CG awake (this includes via the goose/scuba diving), 4.11 states that when in the water, if within a few feet of an LEO for 10 minutes you must comply, 3.8.7 states you may not dump your car into the water to evade police, and lastly the FAQ at the bottom of the rules explicitly states that constant attempts to escape via water is considered FailRP. The reason all these regulations are in place is due to the fact that when criminals escape via water without CG available, it ruins the RP for everyone. There is no chance anyone can get you in most cases and rather than actually having to plan something, you just swim away and get out somewhere a mile away without consequences. Be aware of these rules next time you escape via water and understand you will be punished if this continues.

Economy Status

Every week we take a look at our economy and recently (as of the Friday before last) have started graphing the data so we get a more visual perspective on how things change week over week. Below please find the present status of the economy below along with the start of the graph we have created. Please note the numbers may not match exactly to the graph as the images were taken 2 days apart and there have been some slight changes since then.

Nick Carter

A3FL
Fishers Island Marshal Services
Whitelisted
question on staff being Professional that includes higher ups as well too? and what if we are playing around do we just stop and dont do it or just how does it work. I ask this question cuz i have alot of friends in Staff i play with and dont want to get them a strike

Nick

Relations Chief
Chief
Whitelisted
question on staff being Professional that includes higher ups as well too? and what if we are playing around do we just stop and dont do it or just how does it work. I ask this question cuz i have alot of friends in Staff i play with and dont want to get them a strike
We have communicated to all the staff team exactly what will get them a strike so they should be well aware that they are doing something wrong and avoiding situations that would get them in trouble otherwise.

Nick Carter

A3FL
Fishers Island Marshal Services
Whitelisted
We have communicated to all the staff team exactly what will get them a strike so they should be well aware that they are doing something wrong and avoiding situations that would get them in trouble otherwise.
Thanks for the answer and time Nick

James MacIntosh

Content Creator
Content Creator
Whitelisted
Citizen average bank should be considered moving forward with the increase in money sinks. Would be great to be making some decent paycheques while im out there spending hours to craft a vehicle that a faction member can pay from paycheques alone.

Niall Mcslive

A3FL
Sheriff's Department
Whitelisted
Citizen average bank should be considered moving forward with the increase in money sinks. Would be great to be making some decent paycheques while im out there spending hours to craft a vehicle that a faction member can pay from paycheques alone.
I would argue to take these numbers with a pinch of salt, primarily for the fact of how faction members spend their money vs. how civs spend their money. From experience personally I rarely spend large sums of cash unless im buying a new LEO car or maybe a civilian car. Whereas a civilian would spend alot of their money constantly.

James MacIntosh

Content Creator
Content Creator
Whitelisted
Even more reason to put more money into the hands of civilians, if like you say, we make the whole economy run.

Winston

Community Director
Director
Whitelisted
This shouldn't be a problem, I have started overseeing the economy myself and I just started getting the data to get graphs last friday, we decided to include them in the community report but I am making them as a tool so I can better evaluate the situation, it's not just there to be added in the community report. The first chunk of data that I took was a couple days before the update and I have made changes in the update to get the factions economy more stable.

Just wanted to make it clear that we are always working on the economy and not just putting those in the community report.

Important Information

How to join
Teamspeak
Progress

Donation drives

Server Costs February - DONATION

If you wish to participate in the financing of the ArmA 3 Fishers Life!
Goal
$540.00
Earned
$1,080.00
This donation drive ends in