Dominic Goldblum

Executive
Executive
Sheriff's Department
Whitelisted
Type of Suggestion:
Script

Explanation of your Suggestion:
Change Chance of catching turtles from 10% when there is less than 3 CG members on to 40% flat at all times to not punish EU players wanting to do turtles.
I checked the CG faction roster and there is only 1 EU member in CG so EU players may never get to enjoy higher turtle catch rates.

Why are you suggesting this?
It's unfair for EU players to not have the same catch odds due to CG not having enough staff.

Luke Axel

A3FL
Fire Rescue
Whitelisted
It is also unfair for EU ppl to get easily turtles and more money just because there is 0 risk involved, essentially breaking the economy in the end.

Dominic Goldblum

Executive
Executive
Sheriff's Department
Whitelisted
It is also unfair for EU ppl to get easily turtles and more money just because there is 0 risk involved, essentially breaking the economy in the end.
okay what about increase the odds to like 20-30% to meet in the middle? there should not be a specific region at a disadvantage. besides, mining still beats turtle fishing.
I agree that influence into the economy has to be taken with a great deal of care, but as it stands, criminals do crime for the thrill of doing crime, not because it's financially rewarding.in fact, most criminals i know are multi millionaires (in assets) that do crime for fun exclusively. the fact that illegal activities pay so low compared to legal alternatives is a fundamental economy breaker, much more so than increasing turtle catch odds. Speaking from a realism standpoint and the argument of "breaking" the economy. IRL drug trafficking and illegal activities don't follow the same rules as the regular market in the first place. People who do sell weed do so at the risk of being caught and ruining their lives but do so to get a fast way to make cash. On our island, that benefit of fast wealth acquisition is taken away and only the negative consequences remain.

Last edited:

Dave Boyd

Senior Support
Senior Support
Content Creator
Fire Rescue
Whitelisted
When I used to do turtles in EU Time I used to catch 5-6 out of my 8 nets either the % was fucked or I was just lucky

Dominic Goldblum

Executive
Executive
Sheriff's Department
Whitelisted
well guide on forums says 10% when less than 3 CG awake. 40% with 3 CG, 50% with 4 CG and +10% increments per additional CG.

Dave Boyd

Senior Support
Senior Support
Content Creator
Fire Rescue
Whitelisted
Yeah the % with no CG should be 20-30 but when CG is on you just got take a rebreather and swimmer and zoom away

Nick

Relations Chief
Chief
Whitelisted
Hello,

After reviewing your suggestion it has been Accepted by the management team. We will not change it using the numbers you laid out above, but we will look into changing this sometime in the future.

Regards,
Nick
Relations Chief

Richard

Community Director
Director
Whitelisted
Hello Dominic,

Thank you for your suggestion. In the next update, Version 3.5, turtle chances have been adjusted. The following are the new rates.

0-2 CG: 20%
3-4 CG: 35%
5-6 CG: 50%
7+ CG: 60%

Regards,
Richard
Community Director

Important Information

How to join
Teamspeak
Progress

Donation drives

Server Costs February - DONATION

If you wish to participate in the financing of the ArmA 3 Fishers Life!
Goal
$540.00
Earned
$1,080.00
This donation drive ends in