We provide a number of opportunities for members to discuss content and debate prominent issues. We aim to ensure this is done in a safe and inclusive manner. To accomplish this aim we have accumulated six simple guidelines which we expect all members to abide by throughout all platforms.
- We welcome debate and dissent, but personal attacks, persistent trolling, and mindless abuse will not be tolerated.
- We welcome feedback and acknowledge criticism, but will not allow misrepresentation of our services.
- We will not tolerate racism, sexism, homophobia, or other forms of hate-speech, or contributions that could be interpreted as such.
- We understand that members often feel strongly about issues, but we will consider removing any content that others might find offensive or threatening.
- We reserve the right to redirect or curtail discussions which descend into flame-wars based on ingrained partisanship or generalizations.
- We will remove any content that may put us in legal jeopardy, such as libelous or defamatory statements.
We want this to be a welcoming space for intelligent discussion, and we expect participants to help us achieve this by notifying us of potential problems and helping each other to keep conversations inviting and appropriate. If you spot something problematic in the community interaction areas, please report it. When we all take responsibility for maintaining an appropriate and constructive environment, the debate itself is improved and everyone benefits.
Members who seriously, persistently, or willfully ignore the community standards, rules and regulations or terms and conditions will have their membership revoked. This is not an action that we take lightly or arbitrarily. However, we are aiming to create and maintain an online experience consistent with our values, and we reserve the right to make decisions which we feel support that.