Official Community Report #006

Chris

Relations Chief
Chief
A3FL Member

Arma 3 Fishers Life
Community Report #006
Hello Everyone,

Another Chiefs meeting another report. Today I will address the things we went over in our meeting and ask for you all to vote on a very important decision regarding our community.

First things first, the talk of the town recently revolves around gangs and criminal activity. As mentioned in previous reports we acknowledged that criminal activity would sky rocket with the recent addition of rifles and modification to several community regulations, however we also made a promise that we would not let things spiral out of control and as so I will be addressing a few things in this report that we will be changing moving forward. The first change we will be making is the implementation of a new rule disallowing individuals to insert themselves into ongoing situations, what this means is individuals must be involved with a situation from the beginning to take part, we will no longer tolerate people showing up to a situation half way through and involving themselves. In addition to this we will be implementing a temporary rule disallowing individuals to "hang out" at DOC gate, the Department of Corrections is a high security prison and we should not see groups of people walking onto the property and all around just trolling. This is a temporary rule for now as we intend to modify the prison to allow a more secure area with proper gates and fences preventing people from simply taking a stroll through a high security prison. Keep in mind this rule does not change anything to do with the DOC box robbery or any crimes that may take place, we just simply are tired of groups of people standing at DOC gate like its central park. The last rule change we will be making regards to robbing individuals, we have received several complaints with video evidence of individuals being robbed and then killed after following all commands. We will be implementing a rule preventing the killing of an individual who completely complies with all demands, executions may still be carried out but you must have a premeditated reason for the execution. The best way I can describe this is if you rob someone and they comply just don't shoot them, if you have a reason to execute someone this is still permitted but you may not shoot someone without a reason for doing so. This of course is all void if an individual does not comply with your demands.

In a recent community report I asked for feedback on hit lists and how we could improve them moving forward. We are giving this one last chance to work, if the system we have come up with does not work we will be re-implementing the rule disallowing hit lists. So, via the criminal section of the forums a sub-section will be added dedicated to "hits" and when an individual wishes to put a hit on someone they will post a thread in this section, rest assured the thread will be very simple and only require your name, their name, the price for the hit, and why. Once a person completes a hit they will respond to the thread informing that it has been completed. All money transactions and information regarding the individual will still be carried out in RP on the game server. This is simply to prevent someone from being executed 3 times for one hit. We will also be closely monitoring to ensure people are initiating properly before killing the individual.

Now, faction members I have some news for you. The recent implementation of "The Right to Life" law will be reverted as we have received extremely poor feedback regarding this laws implementation. Rather than a globally restricting law your faction liaisons will be working closely with your faction leads to ensure your factions Standard Operating Procedures properly outline the Rules of Engagement and use of Lethal Force. We understand the use of Lethal Force was an issue and we will ensure this is no longer a problem, however this law was not the solution therefore it has been removed. Furthermore the Firearm Manufactures License is being removed as it serves no real purpose anymore after recent changes. If anyone has an idea for how this license could be used we are open to adding it back however at this time we see no real use for it.

Finally, @Jason Weida formally resigned from his position as DMV Manager recently, after discussing it in our meeting today we want to ask you all for your opinions on what should be done with The Department of Motor Vehicles faction. The DMV was implemented on the original ArmA 3 Project Life with many good intentions but sadly never received the development and attention it needed to succeed. Here at A3FL we have been working to implement more things for DMV to do and make the faction more useful but sadly up until this point all of our attempts have failed. This has resulted in many issues such as inactivity and careless employees handing out licenses for free with no test or anything. So, moving forward the only two options we see is to:
  1. Remove DMV as a whole. The DMV faction would be replaced with a scripted test written or physical (these details will be refined if this is the route the community chooses) that would be taken via a NPC.
  2. Hire a new lead and attempt to give the faction the development it deserves, I say attempt because there is only so much we can do.
  3. We currently only see these two options as a management team however we have many individuals in our community with great ideas, if you have an idea for another way please share on the vote thread.
Please navigate to the community vote I posted here and give us your thoughts on this matter.

That is all for today. Thank you for your time and we hope you enjoy tomorrows update!

Regards,
Chris
Relations Chief

Greg Mann

A3FL Member
You made it too easy to do crime, when we had the old car system people were working hard to get what they want. now i can buy a cheep car and with the dbl ore thing make very cheep guns.

• Wow
Reactions: Devon Booker

Maddox McCash

A3FL Member
Anytime you reference the old system. Remember that the server had a population of 9. I feel, that the old anything, should be replaced with new. It’s ok to streamline some areas, like dmv, and some cars, because less of a grind at this point on somethings, is a nice change. Just my opinion

Greg Mann

A3FL Member
Anytime you reference the old system. Remember that the server had a population of 9. I feel, that the old anything, should be replaced with new. It’s ok to streamline some areas, like dmv, and some cars, because less of a grind at this point on somethings, is a nice change. Just my opinion
I was talking about the car/gun thing only as the OLD system as the new way took away from major RP and not as the old lead that led to 9 server pop.

Maddox McCash

A3FL Member
Explain the old lead? You mean server owner impacted population ? That’s a curious assumption

Last edited:

Devon Booker

A3FL Member
You made it too easy to do crime, when we had the old car system people were working hard to get what they want. now i can buy a cheep car and with the dbl ore thing make very cheep guns.
I am still working very hard to make vehicles man it is not as easy as you think, I think the current system is perfect with vehicles simply just make guns more expensive to make

Important Information

How to join
Teamspeak
Progress

Donation drives

Server Costs July - DONATION

If you wish to participate in the financing of the ArmA 3 Fishers Life!
Goal
$300.00
Earned
$471.00
This donation drive ends in

Thank the Developers

If you wish to thank our Developers for their hard work!
Earned
$80.00
This donation drive ends in